The Grangetown Primary approach to
Through observations and Thrive online, adults in school are able to select age-appropriate strategies and activities to support children’s emotional development. All children will benefit from the Thrive approach, enhancing emotional and social skills, and improving emotional well-being. Some children may not have had the life experiences required to equip them to regulate their emotions. A sudden life-changing event can lead to a child underachieving because of behaviours that cause a barrier to their learning.
Thrive links closely with our behaviour policy. Creating positive relationships rooted in mutual respect, allows the children to have positive relational experiences needed for emotional and social development.
By using Thrive we will:
- Develop a holistic approach to support children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing.
- Provide early identification and effective support for children who are experiencing emotional, social or behavioural difficulties.
- Provide an environment for children to safely express and explore strong feelings which are creating barriers to learning.
- Develop supportive relationships between peers, and between children and adults in school.
- Support children to regulate and self soothe leading to resilience, academic progress and positive relationships.
- Provide children with strong foundations that will carry them through into adulthood