At Grangetown Primary School we follow the admissions guidelines set out below by the Local Authority.
Children are admitted to the Nursery, on a part-time basis, as soon after their third birthday as possible. The school follows the admissions policy set out by the Local Education Authority.
In the case of over-subscription, the following criteria are applied:
- Eligible children in the care of the local authority
- Children aged 4+ who live within the defined admission zone for the school
- Children aged 4+ who live outside the admission zone but have a brother or sister attending the school at the time the nursery child will be admitted
- Children aged 3+ who live within the defined admission zone for the school
- Children aged 3+ who live outside the admission zone but who have a brother or sister attending the school at the time the nursery child will be admitted
- Other children aged 4+
- Other children aged 3+
There is a single intake for Reception children in September each year. The allocation of Reception places is managed by the local authority.
In the case of over subscription the following criteria are followed in priority order:
In the case of over-subscription the following criteria: are followed in priority order:
- Children who are cared for by the local authority
- Children who are permanently resident in the admission zone defined or the school
- Children not living in the admission zone who have elder brothers or sisters attending the school in the 2020/21 school year.
- Children not living in the admission zone who exceptional social and/or medical reasons for attending a particular school, professionally supported by an independent third party and sustained by the authority’s professional advisers.
- Children living closest to the school.
For further information regarding the Redcar and Cleveland admissions procedures or to apply online please click the image below.
Alternatively, if you require further information about the school or admissions please contact the school on 01642 455278 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org