Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined our contact details below.
Who are Grangetown Primary School?
Grangetown Primary School is a friendly, welcoming learning community committed to creating the best possible educational experience for every child.
From the moment they enter our school we believe that each step of every child’s education is as important as the one before. We strive to provide inspiring and memorable learning experiences throughout their learning journey.
We recognise that children learn in different ways and that they learn best when their emotions are engaged. Learning should be fun, creative and allow the children to experience a diverse range of enriching activities in order to broaden their horizons and raise their aspirations.
Through these experiences we believe that our pupils will become happy, secure responsible young people who have a sense of belonging to our community, which in turn is proud of them.
We want to foster and develop positive relationships and clear communication between parents, pupils and staff. We provide a warm welcome and a listening ear to parents and pupils views and concerns. We place a high importance on positive social behaviour and respect for each other which we see as a crucial component of their whole education.
We aim to…
- Provide a safe haven for our pupils a place where they feel safe, secure, cared for and wanted;
- Provide high quality creative education;
- Provide a wide range of experiences for our pupils to enjoy and take part in;
- Provide an enriching, fun and creative curriculum which captures the children’s imagination;
- Provide an environment where children will thrive and become independent, confident learners;
- Foster cultural awareness and respect for people from different backgrounds and cultures;
- Provide a place where everyone shines with possibility and reaches their full potential.
- Provide an extended curriculum of memorable experiences which develop from year to year.
- Provide an environment which promotes and develops resilience and independence
What does Grangetown Primary School collection your information for?
We obtain information about you when you use our website.
We collect information on your child/children to educate them in a secure, safe and nurturing environment. We address any specific needs your child/children may have to make their learning experience the best it possibly can be.
We also collect parental information to keep you informed of your child’s/children’s progress in school as well as opportunities that may present themselves during the academic year.
We also collect information when you voluntarily complete surveys, undertake enquiries on our website, log requests with us, provide feedback to us and participate in any events we may hold.
How does Grangetown Primary School use your information?
In order for us to provide your child/children with the best experience at Lingfield Education Trust we need to collect personal data to enable us to educate your child/children under the requirements set by The Department of Education and the Education Funding Agency. All information relating to your child/children is used to enhance their personalised learning goals and if additional support is required for SEN or health-related matters.
Data relating to a person(s) of parental responsibilities is used to keep them informed of their child’s/children’s progress and for emergency purposes.
In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
What about marketing?
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Grangetown Primary School would contact you for additional consent.
We are really proud of the things we do at our school and we are keen to tell people about the wonderful things we do. We would like to send you information about our news and services which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to third parties. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us immediately.
Will Grangetown Primary School share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Grangetown Primary School in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Grangetown Primary School’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Grangetown Primary School use the personal data it collects about me?
Grangetown Primary School will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Grangetown Primary School is required to retain certain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific government requirements, business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Grangetown Primary School contact me?
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
What is the information you have on me is inaccurate?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Grangetown Primary School at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Grangetown Primary School does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Grangetown Primary Schooler a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Grangetown Primary School accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested such as:
- driving licence
- birth certificate
- utility bill (from last 3 months)
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO):
|Data Protection Officer (DPO) contact details|
|Contact Name:||Claire McQuade|
|Address line 1:||Grangetown Primary School|
|Address line 2:||St. George’s Road|
|Address line 3:||Grangetown|
|Address line 4:||Middlesbrough|
|Address line 5:||Redcar & Cleveland|
|Address line 6:||TS6 7JA|
|Telephone:||01642 455 278|