Ethos and Aims
Grangetown Primary School is a friendly, welcoming learning community committed to creating the best possible educational experience for every child.
From the moment they enter our school we believe that each step of every child’s education is as important as the one before. We strive to provide inspiring and memorable learning experiences throughout their learning journey.
We recognise that children learn in different ways and that they learn best when their emotions are engaged. Learning should be fun, creative and allow the children to experience a diverse range of enriching activities in order to broaden their horizons and raise their aspirations.
Through these experiences we believe that our pupils will become happy, secure responsible young people who have a sense of belonging to our community, which in turn is proud of them.
We want to foster and develop positive relationships and clear communication between parents, pupils and staff. We provide a warm welcome and a listening ear to parents and pupils views and concerns. We place a high importance on positive social behaviour and respect for each other which we see as a crucial component of their whole education.
We aim to…
- Provide a safe haven for our pupils a place where they feel safe, secure, cared for and wanted;
- Provide high quality creative education;
- Provide a wide range of experiences for our pupils to enjoy and take part in;
- Provide an enriching, fun and creative curriculum which captures the children’s imagination;
- Provide an environment where children will thrive and become independent, confident learners;
- Foster cultural awareness and respect for people from different backgrounds and cultures;
- Provide a place where everyone shines with possibility and reaches their full potential.
- Provide an extended curriculum of memorable experiences which develop from year to year.
- Provide an environment which promotes and develops resilience and independence.